Homepage Forums Download Free PDF (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001) (MOBI) The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      James Platt

The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science
      A Toolkit for Students and Postdocs

by Victor A. Bloomfield, Esam E. El-Fakahany

🔥 The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science — CLICK HERE 🔥

• ISBN: 9780226060644 (0226060640)
      • Format: paperback, 336 pages
      • Genres: academia, science
      • Author: Victor A. Bloomfield, Esam E. El-Fakahany
      • Language: english
      • Release date: April 15, 2008
      • Publisher: University of Chicago Press

About The Book

Embarking upon research as a graduate student or postdoc can be exciting and enriching — the start of a rewarding career. But the world of scientific research is also a competitive one, with grants and good jobs increasingly hard to find. The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science is intended to help scientists not just cope but excel at this critical phase in their careers.

Victor A. Bloomfield and Esam E. El-Fakahany, both well-known scientists with extensive experience as teachers, mentors, and administrators, have combined their knowledge to create a guidebook that addresses all of the challenges that today’s scientists-in-training face. They begin by considering the early stages of a career in science: deciding whether or not to pursue a PhD, choosing advisors and mentors, and learning how to teach effectively. Bloomfield and El-Fakahany then explore the skills essential to conducting and presenting research. The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science offers detailed advice on how to pursue research ethically, manage time, and communicate effectively, especially at academic conferences and with students and peers. Bloomfield and El-Fakahany write in accessible, straightforward language and include a synopsis of key points at the end of each chapter, so that readers can dip into relevant sections with ease.

From students prepping for the GRE to postdocs developing professional contacts to faculty advisors and managers of corporate labs, scientists at every level will find The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science an unparalleled resource.

“The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science is a roadmap to the beginning stages of a scientific career. I will encourage my own students to purchase it.” — Dov F. Sax, assistant professor of ecology and evolutionary biology, Brown University

“Step-by-step, Victor Bloomfield and Esam El-Fakahany provide sound, thorough, yet succinct advice on every issue a scientist in training is likely to encounter. Young readers will welcome the authors’ advice on choosing a graduate school, for example, while senior scientists will probably wish that a book like this had been around when they were starting out. With down-to-earth and occasionally humorous advice, The Chicago Guide to your Career in Academic Biology belongs on the bookshelf of every graduate student and advisor.” — Norma Allewell, Dean, College of Chemical and Life Sciences, University of Maryland

MP3 ebook The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science for PC on Powells. Online The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science Victor A. Bloomfield download. Paperback book The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science by Victor A. Bloomfield buy. FictionBook ebook The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science read on Android on Books-a-Million.

MOBI The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science by Victor A. Bloomfield buy cheap on Bookshop. FB2 book The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science download iOS. Hardback ebook The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science Victor A. Bloomfield. PDF The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science read online on reader on Booktopia.

Hardcover book The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science Victor A. Bloomfield download. TXT book The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science buy cheap iPhone on Audible. EPUB The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science for iPad. Hardcover ebook The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science by Victor A. Bloomfield read online on Amazon.

isoindonesiacenter

Brave Young Knight by Karen Kingsbury – 9780310716457

isoindonesiacenter

Kiss Alive Forever: The Complete Touring History · Curt Gooch · 9780823083220

isoindonesiacenter

Blossom Tales: Flower Stories of Many Folk by Patricia Hruby Powell – 9780967792989

Walter Bennett
      Participant

Very interesting post. But I realized that a scientific career was not for me. It’s very boring and tedious. I really like to travel and after reading the article https://skillroads.com/blog/awesome-travel-jobs-to-make-money-traveling I thought about how you can make money on it. Imagine how good it is – you do what you love the most, see the world and at the same time earn money, and if this work also brings informative benefits to other people, then it’s hard for me to imagine something better.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.