Homepage Forums Download Free PDF (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001) (MOBI) The Search for the Perfect Language by Umberto Eco

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Angela Karczner

The Search for the Perfect Language
      by Umberto Eco

The Search for the Perfect Language • Read More

• Language: english
      • ISBN: 9780006863786 (0006863787)
      • Genres: history, linguistics, philosophy, language, writing, semiotics, literature, essays
      • Author: Umberto Eco
      • Format: paperback, 400 pages
      • Publisher: Fontana Press
      • Release date: July 1, 1997

About The Book

From the early Dark Ages to the Renaissance it was widely believed that the language spoken in the Garden of Eden was a perfect language, expressing all possible things, and that all current languages were its decadent descendants. This is an investigation into the history of this idea.

Paperback book The Search for the Perfect Language by Umberto Eco on Powells. TXT The Search for the Perfect Language buy on PC. PDF ebook The Search for the Perfect Language read on Booktopia. Hardcover book The Search for the Perfect Language Umberto Eco download for reader. EPUB ebook The Search for the Perfect Language Umberto Eco Mac.

Walter Bennett
      Participant

I wonder what language can be called ideal? In every language there are some difficulties in pronunciation or words that have several meanings in translation. Just recently I learned about the Gujarati language. I had to look for a translator from gujarati to english to somehow understand my potential partner. But I could not repeat a single word in that language. This is too hard for me.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.